Come and join us for a Daffodil Walk!
Daffodil expert Len Tomlinson will host you in a Daffodil Walk around his farm in Whitegate, and this is a lovely opportunity to see Spring in full bloom!
Daffodil walks are made during the height of the growing season – March and April, but every year is different as are the varieties that you’ll see!
You’ll be able to
- Walk through and marvel at acres of unspoilt daffodils
- Hear a talk by Len, covering all aspects of daffodil growing, cultivating, and anecdotes of several generations of daffodil growing at Whitegate
- Opportunity to ask all kinds of questions on gardening and plants
- Enjoy tea, coffee, and homemade cake after the walk
- Take a bunch of daffodils back with you to enjoy at home
The walk is at a very gentle pace around natural countryside over about 1 1/2 hours, with plenty of stops, and is approximately 3/4 mile long. It is advisable to wear sensible walking shoes or wellingtons!
The weather can be unpredictable so please come prepared for all seasons! Unfortunately it is not suitable for pushchairs, but toddlers are very welcome to come and toddle around!
We are extremely fortunate to have the assistance of internationally renowned daffodil expert and judge Ian Tyler who is often able to join us and guide groups with especially technical interests. If you’ve already been on a walk with Len for a different angle on daffodil growing, varieties and competitions. Last year Ian was judging in America, this year in New Zealand.
All walks have to be booked in advance, as we like to limit the size of parties so that everyone can see and hear and get a chance to ask questions, also for catering purposes.
Proceeds of the walks, refreshments, and donations go to Macmillan Cancer Care.